Saturday, October 11, 2008

I Caved In...

To our culture's philosophy that everyone is dying to know every thought that crosses your mind. That people might really care about what is going on in your life. Does anyone even read these???

At my sister's suggestion, I'm starting to blog. Not for any particular reason...it's a Friday night, my boyfriend is working, I had some good time w/ God - and due to the usual lack of anything good on TV, I was wasting time on the Internet. Curses! I got sucked into the web again! My plan was to be grading papers. But I'm digressing. Not for any particular reason am I blogging. More that I was wasting time on the Internet and stumbled upon it - and now, here I am. Just sort of happened. Sort of the same way that in the past I ended up on those Christian dating sites...just sort of wandered over there to check it out in a bored moment - and next thing I knew, I was pulling out my credit card for a 3 month subscription.

Well, in order to justify this so I don't seem like one of those narcissistic people who think the whole world is dying to know their every thought and every life detail...

1. Writing helps me think. It definitely helps me organize my thoughts. I like to journal, but I'm curious to see how this medium might be different. Maybe for the fact that somebody could possibly stumble up on it. But, on occasion, I will have an epiphany -or really - God often just speaks something to me. And maybe God will use it to speak to someone else. So it will be interesting to see where this goes.

2. I've always wanted to be a writer. I was good back in the day (as in high school)...but I always said I wouldn't write until I felt I had something to say. However, I've heard the best way to be a good writer is to just write. To keep writing. And writing. So, I'm hoping this medium may help me develop a voice or style of sorts.

3. It might be fun to see where this goes...not that I have expectations of it 'going' anywhere. But, you never know.

No comments: